Bonnier extends tablet design concept to news content
Announced today, News+ “combines the depth and editorial choices of a daily newspaper with the web’s possibilities for conversation and quick updates,” the company said in a press release. Notable features include:
- a front page and sections that are dynamically updated throughout the day
- social sharing functionality
- cross-platform support for accessing the content on smartphones, tablets or PCs
- new display and classified ad formats
- “to read” lists for storing saved articles
- Video and interactive graphics
From the press release:
Browsing News+ and absorbing the content comes naturally, making readers feel close to the articles and photos. You can follow the most important news as it develops in a special section that is continuously updated, so News+ keeps you on top of the news all day. Subscribers get a daily newspaper with completely vetted content and in-depth analysis, and the possibility to follow the most important events of the day – live.
Here’s the video walkthrough:
Stockholm-based Bonnier has been working with Swedish dailies Dagens Nyheter, Sydsvenskan, Expressen, along with business dailies Dagens Industri (Sweden) and Børsen (Denmark), all of which plan to launch News+ editions in the upcoming months, according to Bonnier.