Data: Video boosts mobile ad engagement
Among the highlights:
- Engagement rates on mobile rich media ads averaged double digits, with tablets performing better than handsets
- Expand rates on mobile rich media ads averaged 1.4%
- Consumers are spending approximately 20 seconds on average with mobile rich media ads
- Mobile rich media ads that include video have a 35% higher engagement rate on average
- Only 30% of tablet ads and 12% of smartphone ads integrate video
- Medialets is seeing more cross-platform campaigns (handsets, tablets, mobile web and apps, Android and iOS). In Q1 2011, only 20% of the campaigns tracked ran across environments; in Q1 2012, that number doubled to 40%.