You should read this Policy before you submit any personal information to us. By using our Sites and Services, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in this Policy. If you do not agree with the content of this Policy, you should refrain from using our Sites and Services.
1. Who We AreVital Business Media, which owns and operates the Sites, has its principal place of business at 65 Broadway, Suite 601, New York, NY 10006 United States. More information about VITAL BUSINESS MEDIA and its network of Services can be found at www.vitalbusinessmedia.com
EMediaVitals.com, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of VITAL BUSINESS MEDIA, has its principal place of business at 65 Broadway, Suite 601, New York, NY 10006. More information about EMediaVitals.com can be found at www.eMediaVitals.com.
This Policy covers our treatment of personally identifiable information that EMEDIAVITALS.COM collects when you use any of our Sites or Services. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that VITAL BUSINESS MEDIA does not own or control or to people that VITAL BUSINESS MEDIA does not employ or manage.
2. What We CollectWe may collect and store any personally identifiable information you provide to us. Personally identifiable information is data that identifies you, or that can be combined with other information to identify or contact you, and includes (but is not limited to) your name, business or personal physical or email address, and telephone number.
You are not obligated to provide us with any personally identifiable information, although registration is required to access the full range of information and Services offered. EMEDIAVITALS.COM enables users (“Members”) to create EMEDIAVITALS.COM profiles, which allow them to control their profile information and whether it should be made public or private. This also allows members to identify themselves with their contributions to any EMEDIAVITALS.COM Site and to manage their EMEDIAVITALS.COM e-mail-based subscriptions. We strive to limit the type of personally identifiable information that we collect to information that helps us accomplish our goal of providing superior services for the benefit of our existing and prospective Members.
Members:If you are a EMEDIAVITALS.COM Member and access the restricted, Members-only areas of our Sites, EMEDIAVITALS.COM may collect additional information relating to your participation in EMEDIAVITALS.COM Services, such as collecting your resume for our Job Center. We also may obtain information about your access and use of EMEDIAVITALS.COM research materials, decision-support tools, and other online and offline offerings.
Information from other sources:We also may periodically obtain information about you from partners and other sources, and combine that information with information we collected from you. Examples of information we may receive includes updated contact information and additional demographic information.
Information collected automatically:When you visit the Sites, we automatically collect and analyze certain information about your computer. This information includes but may not be limited to the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about your browser type and language, the date and time you are accessing our site, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
CookiesWhen you visit our Sites, we may assign your computer one or more "cookies." A cookie is a small text file that contains information that can later be read by us to facilitate your access to our Sites and personalize your online experience. For example, whenever you sign into our Sites, we will record your user ID in a cookie file on your computer. Cookies that EMEDIAVITALS.COM creates that are stored on the user’s hard drive do not store any personally identifiable information. If applicable, we may also record your password in this cookie file, if you checked the box entitled "Save this password for automatic sign-in." Also, through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our Sites.
Other TechnologiesWe may use standard Internet technology, such as Web beacons(also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our Sites. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer through the Sites.
3. How We Use The Information We CollectIn General. EMEDIAVITALS.COM uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
Individuals having access to your personally identifiable information may include EMEDIAVITALS.COM employees, as well as agents and service providers who provide services on our behalf.
Also, we may share aggregated or anonymized information with our partners and advertisers to measure the success of services and campaigns. Aggregated and anonymized information is not personally identifiable, and we reserve the right to share such information with third parties without limitation.
In the event that you post personally identifiable information in discussion forums or other areas of the Sites allowing users to upload or post content, that information can be viewed by any user with access to those areas. We discourage users from posting personally identifiable information in this fashion, and any personally identifiable information you post to these areas is not covered by this Policy.
4. Choices About The User Of Your InformationEMEDIAVITALS.COM believes that it is important that individuals are given the opportunity to exercise choice with respect to how their personally identifiable information is collected and used. If we propose to use your personally identifiable information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy or any service-specific privacy notices, we will allow you a convenient way to opt-out of such further uses.
Marketing Communications:We hope you find value in the communications we provide, and we will respect your wishes not to receive marketing communications. Please note that we will continue to send you member services emails and other service-related communications regardless of any such request. These service-related communications are an integral part of the EMEDIAVITALS.COM Services to which you subscribe. Rest assured that EMEDIAVITALS.COM will not share your personal information with other non-agent third parties for their own promotional or marketing purposes, without giving you a choice about such sharing.
5. Disclosures To Third PartiesEMEDIAVITALS.COM may share your personally identifiable information with other companies or individuals in the following instances:
Please note that, when you become a EMEDIAVITALS.COM Member and publicly share information in your profile, other users can see and access that information.
In the event that EMEDIAVITALS.COM wishes to share your personally identifiable information in a manner that is not discussed above, you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers, investors, and partners. Aggregate or anonymous information does not contain any personally identifiable information, and its use and disclosure is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
Vital Business Media, Inc.'s web sites are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal information or participate in any forums, chats, or online discussions. Minors under the age of 18 are prohibited from making purchases, including subscriptions, on our sites. Please discourage your children from providing any personal information about themselves to anyone in any public discussion areas.
6. International Transfers Of Personal InformationEMEDIAVITALS.COM operates the Sites in the United States and, depending on your country of residence, the submission of personally identifiable information to our Sites may involve some transfer of personal information to the United States. You should be aware that privacy laws in the United States may not provide protections equivalent to those of your country of residence.
7. Access to And Correction Of Personally Identifiable Information
You can request access to any personally identifiable information that we hold about you and ask us to correct any personally identifiable information which may be inaccurate, except where the law requires otherwise. To access, correct or raise inquiries concerning your personally identifiable information in our possession, please contact:
Privacy Officer, Vital Business Media, 30 E. 23rd Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some cases, EMEDIAVITALS.COM Members can directly access their online profiles and other personal details, enabling them to amend, update or add information by themselves at any time by logging into the relevant Services webpage.
8. Information Security
EMEDIAVITALS.COM has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and EMEDIAVITALS.COM assumes no liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration, or misuse of information during transmission.
9. Other WebsitesTo provide increased value to users of our Sites, we may provide links to other websites or resources that are not part of the EMEDIAVITALS.COM network of Services. EMEDIAVITALS.COM does not exercise control over these websites or their privacy practices.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
10. Your California Privacy RightsIf you are a California resident, you are entitled by law to request an Information Sharing Disclosure. If you contact us at the address below, we will provide you with a notice of your right to prevent sharing of your personal information as well as a cost-free means of doing so. To receive such a notice, submit a written request to the address listed in the Access section below, specifying that you seek your "California Customer Choice Notice." Please allow thirty days for a response.
11. Changes To This PolicyThis Policy may change from time to time, and we will post any Policy changes on this page. If we feel it appropriate, we will provide a more prominent notice at our discretion. Your continued use of our Sites following such posts or notices will signal your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us at Privacy Officer, Vital Business Media, 65 Broadway, Suite 601, New York, NY 10006; or email us at email@example.com